If you have lost your ID-card

If you think you have lost your ID-card/digi-ID and it could be abused (for example for entering e-services and/or providing digital signatures on your behalf), call the ID helpline (+372) 677 3377 or 1777, at the first opportunity and request that your certificates be suspended.

For this purpose, the helpline will ask for the personal data of the card holder: given name and surname or personal identification code. In order for the suspension to take effect, you will have to provide at least identification code and the certificates will be suspended.

Digital signatures cannot be given and any other activities cannot be performed in electronic environments with suspended certificates.

In the event that you lose your ID-card, make sure to also notify the Police and Border Guard Board who can invalidate the ID-card as a physical document, if necessary.

From there on, it will depend whether you recover (find) your card or the document remains lost:

  • if you find your card, you can reactivate the suspended certificates. In order to do this, you will have to visit a service office of the Police and Border Guard Board in person. The suspension of the certificates will be stopped and the card can once again be used for electronic services.
  • if the card remains lost, you will have to address a service office of the Police and Border Guard Board in person and submit an application on the basis of which the certificates on the card and the card as a physical document will be invalidated. In this case, further use of the card is not possible. This means that you will have to apply for a new card. A document that has been invalidated cannot be declared valid again.



If you didn't find an answer to your question, send it to our team.

  • See instructions
  • Please estimate your ability to use the computer, so that we can provide you with the best guidance


  • Verification failed

How can we improve the article and be more helpful?
Send Close